Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Miracle day...

A wondrous thing happened in my house this morning.

The hobbits tidied and organised their Lego room without being asked, cajoled or bribed...I was initially quite concerned about the fact that these small people were tidying a toy room without being nagged profusely, but like the Elves and the shoemaker I embraced it and decided that I should see this phenomenon as the miracle it really was.

Furthermore...they have now eaten their dinner this evening without arguing, killing or fighting each other...do you think this is a sign of things to come? Do you think we are moving towards a sense of maturity and a kinder attitude?

No, me neither. A leopard rarely changes his spots.

Needless to say there have been other miracles today; their shoes were put away when they come home from school; bags were carried without the usual accompanying of whining...and today someone paid me a compliment.

Things are looking up.


2 comments:

sussexgirl said...

At last, a good bit about those wonderful hobbits! They are the best, so real, so funny, good and less good at times, wonderful! You're a fantastic WW Mum, xxx

Unknown said...

I think they want something? Have you been mentioning Santa........?