Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 October 2012

Speed donating...

Well I have managed to achieve quite a bit today, you'll be pleased to hear.

I have managed to catch up with most of the paperwork I had pending, so my clients won't be disappointed when I turn up to meet them. I have also completed some more online coursework, I have washed the kitchen floor, I  had a bit of a strop at lunchtime, of which I managed to get over with the support of a good friend, and I have donated blood tonight.

Busy huh?

The strop was inevitable to a degree, I think it was due and things are always so much easier once one has actually had the strop. Your mind is clearer, you realise the foolishness of the reason behind the strop and move on. The fact that my friend also verbally kicked my arse helped as well.

Blood donating was a little trickier. I had a small time frame as I had hobbits to pick up, so I booked an appointment so that I wouldn't be late. Alas, there was a lot of people donating tonight so I am totally unsure why there is a blood crisis at the moment.

It took forever to get through the process of whether or not I had slept with a man, who had also slept with another man who didn't wear a condom, or whether I had been to a country that had malaria in the last 6 months, (as if I could afford that) - anyway, eventually I drank my pint of water and settled down to pump some blood out.

My little window of time was closing fast...in fact I was down to my last ten minutes of having to pick up said hobbits, so it called for some serious wrist action. Discussing this with a fellow donator, (who strangely was a girl I went to school with many moons ago), we crossed and uncrossed legs in unison and squeezed buttocks with reverence in order not to faint after we'd left the donating bed...it became a mini competition and we speed donated.

I am very proud to tell you that I pumped out a pint of blood in 4minutes and 57 seconds.

Unfortunately, according to the carer who came to get my blood it wasn't the best time of the day but it was good enough to get a resounding cheer from all the other donators.

Ok, so that last bit didn't quite happen, but it sounded good didn't it?

So apart from my strop, I have done some good things today. I shall work on the stroppiness,  it's not big and it is so not clever...and quite frankly I don't really enjoy doing it.

I shall concentrate on the good things instead.

No comments: