Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 November 2012

Counselled by a witch...

I sincerely hope you all had a good Halloween.

The hobbits and I joined forces with other ghouls and witches to go trick or treating, of which they now have such a stock of sweets to keep them sugared up until Christmas.

It was great seeing the excitement of hobbits and friends, and for me Halloween starts the countdown to Christmas and all the joys that brings. Little people really do help and keep the imagination alive.

Alas I did not dress up this year, my witches costume and hat remained in the cupboard...although I am sure that there are those who would say my witchy persona comes out too often anyway - without the hat!

So the hobbits had a good time, collecting and giving out candy to those who knocked on our door later...whilst I found myself in the strange position of being counselled by the wicked witch of the west at about 8.30 last night.

Having an emotional conversation with a woman covered in green face make up, a black cloak & ruby slippers; drinking tea across my dining room table was rather surreal to say the least, and at best managed to bring laughter to the situation.

You'll be pleased to hear that she wasn't some random witch that had knocked on my door, but the lovely B who was doing a grand job of looking wicked. I think if she really could have cast some spells last night, then she would have done.

So that is Halloween completed for this year. The spiders and the cobwebs have to come down, (and that is just my housekeeping)...and soon the Christmas decorations will be up.

That gives us all something to look forward to.


No comments: