Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 November 2012

Gentlemen in training...

I despair of mealtimes on occasion...I really do.

It is not always a disaster, but there are times when it feels like a free for all and the constant chatter, up and down from the table, using fingers to pick up a roast potato and general bad behaviour makes me want to cry.

It is because there are three. I know that. Because one on their own, or even two makes a huge difference...but when there are three the hobbits wind each other up, making faces, laughing at blowing bubbles in their drink and generally sporting un gentlemanly behaviour.

So I have set them a challenge, of which they have accepted.

I have told them I will take them out for dinner in a restaurant, if they can improve on their table manners. If they can show me how to use a knife and fork, if they can show me how nice they can be, if they can go a mealtime without burping, farting or dare I say it...regurgitating anything, then I will take my boys somewhere to eat...just the four of us.

Brave? You betcha! But something just has to give, as I am tired of the bickering and general St Trinian like behaviour every time we sit down for a meal.

So making hobbits into gentlemen...I am not sure who is facing the highest challenge?

1 comment:

biker said...

Ere that reminds me of their grand dad