Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 November 2012

Listen to your father...

My dad is a very wise man.

I rang him quite upset this evening, trying to make some sense of recent events. He has been there himself, and he knows me so well and knows that I put everything into relationships and end up getting hurt.

He is worried about me and wants someone to look after me for a change. Apparently I am quite lovely, but then he is my dad, he would say that.

So consequently he has verbally kicked me up the arse (in a totally loving and kind way) and told me that I need to move on, meet new people and start looking after me.

It won't stop me from missing the person who has left my life, but even that person has informed me not to put my life on hold for him so I have to take him at his word. I can not continue to blame myself, over think things and try to understand factors leading up to last weekend that I can not comprehend.

For me it was special; but I have effectively been told that it is over and I need to accept that, even though my feelings don't want it to be.

It has genuinely been a completely and utterly exhausting week for me emotionally, and the silence is agony. My dad was kind enough to acknowledge how I felt about this person and realise it for what it was and still is, however he also gave me some clear advice as a male what was possibly happening.

My dad and my friends have told me to get back in the saddle, not necessarily for dating - in fact my father would rather I didn't. But just to meet people and make new friends...after all that was the initial goal back in mid July.

So I am taking my dads advice and indeed my friends and I am signing back up to the website and seeing where it goes. I have learnt a lot of hard lessons recently...let's hope they stand me in good stead for the future.

2 comments:

Biker said...

Christmas is coming think of all those lonely dishy men out there that you could meet

So just party

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Partying is a good plan...thank you Biker xxx