Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 November 2012

What a difference a day makes...

Today is a good day... thus far.  I have parents evening to get through yet, so it could all fall down by 8pm tonight.

I came to a decision yesterday and stayed true to myself; and with that decision now carried out it has given me some peace. I feel much more like me again today than I have been of late.

The hobbits and I even tackled the hell that is.....the supermarket.... Drum roll if you please.

We tackled it with gusto, energy and strict instructions that no toys would be bought today. We even managed it in just under 45 minutes...we are getting good at this. The hobbits behaved well, and we got round fairly unscathed.....however it may have been the drowsy cough mixture I gave them just as we arrived in the car park that helped.

I am joking! I wouldn't do that to my hobbits....diazepam is far more effective.

I still managed to have far more in my trolley than originally intended, but that is after all, the hazard of shopping with hobbits. I did treat myself to a bottle of something nice as well, and some new music.

We sung all the way home in the car...singing all the words off key, and making up a few new ones.

They have discussed how mummy is the captain of the house, and the Queen is the boss of everybody...and how she tells the guards to kill the baddies who have been naughty. I didn't like to tell them that that is why they are called baddies, cos they are naughty...but it was nice listening to their world.

So the cupboards are full for a wee while, we have new tunes and dinner is in the oven.

Doesn't that sound like a good day to you?

No comments: