Total Pageviews

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Anxiety...

My friend is currently experiencing a heightened sense of anxiety.

Her fella's birthday is due soon, and she is finding herself getting worried about whether he will like his present and what she is planning in order to celebrate his birthday. It is a significant birthday but in order not to expose either him or her I won't mention names or ages...

She was looking at items today to buy for him and once she had finally decided what she was doing, we decided to throw a spanner in the works...

"So now you have that all sorted, what you going to do for Valentine's Day?" Says our colleague.
She slowly turns round and looks at us in horror, suddenly realising that now Christmas is over, the birthday will soon be over and that she will have something else to plan for...
"Don't do that to me...I can't think of that yet." She says slowly.
I check the calendar, "only five weeks and two days to go, how will you cope?"
She suddenly turns back to the computer to check out Valentines cards while the rest of us laugh at her.
"Also," says our colleague, "you have set yourself up now, you spoilt him at Christmas, now the birthday surprise...what you gonna do to make Valentines special?"
"You are not helping," she mumbles under her breath.
"Why not keep it simple, make him dinner and some sexy vouchers that he can use...and present yourself in a big red bow?" I suggest.
"Cos I don't want to scare him off completely...anyway he is playing football that night, I don't want to stop him from doing the things he loves." She thinks about it for a bit..."however, I could always streak across the pitch in a bow..."
"Surely you will see him after football? I can't believe that he wouldn't want to spend Valentines Day with you, he is that type of guy." I suggest
"Well I can hardly get romantic with a teenage son in the house. Can I?"
I look at her, "well I won't be doing anything, I can have him."
"I think he might be a bit young for you hun...." Says our colleague, " anyway you will have a date by then." She says kindly.
I shrug, I think that is entirely unlikely, "your boy and I can take the boys to the cinema, that'll keep him busy for the evening. Problem solved."
"We'll almost," says our colleague, "now she has to get all anxious about what she has planned...and we have to listen to it for the next five weeks and two days!"

God help us all.

No comments: