Total Pageviews

Monday 14 January 2013

Looking out for the rabbit....

Everything is cold....my toes, my nose, my fingers, my ears...and it is only two degrees, so it isn't even if I have anything to seriously complain about.

The heating is on and I still have a hot water bottle stuffed down my jumper!

I do have hobbit cuddles to keep me warm, so I count myself quite lucky....however they are at the moment playing operation - possibly on each other I can't tell. So in the meantime, my hot water bottle will have to suffice.

January is a pants month isn't it?

The exuberance of Christmas is over and the resolutions of the New Year are all broken and we feel despondent, miserable and the weather really doesn't help. We really can't wait till the spring.

Someone said to me recently that they had even changed their birthday date, from January to July...go figure? They were tired of celebrating their birthday in a month that was miserable and dark, and decided they wanted to have a summer celebration and enjoy their one day of their year that was theirs in the warm.

Alas in the UK you still can't guarantee that even the summer months will actually produce any sun, but nevertheless I can understand her point....even if it is slightly loopy. Changing your birth date does seem extreme at the least.

Thankfully we are already half way through January and once we are half way through February we will be nearing the spring...a much nicer placer to be in the year.

I may still be cold for a bit, but nearing spring time makes you feel less despondent...knowing the Easter Bunny is just around the corner.

...now be honest, you thought the title of this blog was going to be a whole different thing didn't you?

1 comment:

Biker said...

Well the Queen has two birthdays celebrations so why not the rest of us