Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 January 2013

The colonel's recipe...

Well the hobbits and I have had a very relaxing Sunday...a walk on the beach and throwing pebbles in the sea, and a general tidy up of the house...it was probably needed after the late night I had last night and sore feet from dancing.

An excellent Saturday night out and a very Happy Birthday to D, who I believe thoroughly enjoyed himself...I was slightly alarmed by the conversation about God...but hey who am I to mock any deity or religious symbol? (However, D...we all know now!)

I was also slightly alarmed by the apparent benchmark that some men set an evening out to...there is, allegedly, an expectation depending on where a girl may be taken out for the evening.

Talking about dates in general and people's experiences it seems that if a man takes a woman out for the evening, and depending on where she might be taken, it is considered that there should be some sort of payment in kind at the end of the date...

"Absolutely," says J (the male form) " KFC deserves at least a BJ at the end of the night, depending of course on how many pieces of chicken she wants."
"So," I suggest "buying her a bargain bucket, you would be expecting her to suck off more than the Colonel's recipe at the end of the evening?"
"Yep." He said matter of factly sipping his drink.
"If it's just Burger King, it would just be heavy petting," interjected K, as though this all made sense.
"So a meal at an Italian, or a very nice restaurant would mean the whole way?"
The both needed in agreement.

Hmmm...I learn something new every day however I am not really sure what to do with this new information. It makes me a tad nervous.

An expectation? A payment in kind? I have to say that the majority of this conversation was done in jest, however I think I will advise anyone to stick to dates where only coffee is involved and insisting on paying for your own...until of course, you are ready to tuck into some finger licking good chicken.

No comments: