Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 January 2013

No pain, no gain...

According to a recent article in a tabloid, you will be pleased to hear that incidents of the sexually transmitted disease of pubic lice are on the decrease.

Good news eh? Apparently this is all due to the fact that as a nation we are embracing the Brazilian or the Hollywood in our droves, therefore the lice have no where to live. Disgusting little critters.

I count myself thankfull that I have never had to experience lice or any sexually transmitted disease. However, many of my readers know that I have been considering embracing the Hollywood treatment for some time now.

I have reasearched this at length and it appears that it is not that unusual, especially if this article is anything to go by...many women, and men are preferring to go 'sin pelo'.

Therefore I am taking the plunge...I have decided to book myself in for a full wax. I am a little scared to be honest, how much will it hurt and what position will I end up in? The only reason I disclose this information is because there is the possibility that the agony I go through will either make someone else make a similar decision to partake or not, and there is of course the fact that it could make a good blog.

My pain could be humorous to my readers, and I certainly need blog fodder lately as we seem to be lacking some good stories to discuss. I am also aware that I am not that anonymous anymore, but hell, maybe this is a subject we should all be talking about.

So bring  on the pain...I will let you know!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm re-reading "How to be a woman", Caitlin Moran. Have you read it? Very very funny book. You definitely should read it if you haven't. She has a very interesting chapter on body hair and makes a good argument against waxing, essentially calling on women to "keep it trimmed, keep it neat, but keep it what it's supposed to be: an old-skool, born to rule, hot, right, grown women's muff". Anyway, good luck!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.