Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 March 2013

Too early for boots...

I have purchased some new boots this evening. They are verrrrrry nice :-)

My friend J inspects them, "hmmmm, you can't wear them on Saturday night."
I feel crestfallen, "why not?" I ask her pitifully.
"Not to the pub you at going to...riding boots would be more appropriate and..." She trails off..."it could be the wrong message."
"What is wrong with them?"
"Nothing, I think they are great...but, others around you may think you have a bankroll of fifty's slipped inside of them."

They are not that bad...honest Dad...however, it comes to something doesn't it when you are judged by the boots you wear, rather than the person you are. Isn't that tantamount to 'well she was asking for it because of what she was wearing?'

J is just looking out for my welfare and is someone who's opinion I respect, but I do feel a bit sad that  other people would judge me for my boots...because they give the wrong message.

I want to live a little....my freedom is making me feel very empowered, and I want to wear my boots because I like them, not because someone else might not. Clothing, boots and underwear all have the power to make you feel good, and should be worn in that way not for someone else.

However, I have heeded her words...and I will not wear them Saturday, unless approved by J herself...I trust what she says, and actually do not want to give the wrong impression...well, not this early on anyway.

2 comments:

biker said...

wear your boots its not what other people want its what you like

How old are you ?

make your own choice and keep your feet warm and dry

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Thank you (((hug))) xx