Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 May 2013

IKEA storage...

"I dream't I murdered someone last night," I say to Pootle over tea this morning.

"I don't know who, but I am fairly sure that there was a shot gun involved...and we had to all regroup at the local supermarket for our alibi."
She at least nods to show her interest...
"I wonder who it was? I just recall that we did it as a group and it was in the woods..." I sip my tea, desperately trying to remember who I killed..it is there in my mind, I just can't quite recall the memory, "it is always weird how some real life intrudes on a bizarre dream."

"I have dreams like that," Pootle finally says..."however sometimes I wonder later on in the day whether I really have killed someone. Do you?"
I cock my head at her, "no, not really...no."
She continues..."but then I realise I am in touch with most of my ex boyfriends, and they are still alive so I am fairly sure that I haven't actually killed anyone and buried them in the woods."
There are occasions that I truly worry about Pootle...

"Probably not a good thing to talk about on your first date this afternoon?" I suggest to her. Pootle is finally meeting D...first date nerves are abound.
"Oh god, I am getting nervous. I can't even think about eating."
"Ahh, and thus it starts..." I say.
"This is really hard isn't it? What if I don't like him? Or I like him and he doesn't like me? Or we both don't like each other?"
"Or, god forbid, you actually both like each other?"
"But when you think about it, that is such a slim chance isn't it? Of all the options, of all the chances that you will actually meet someone you like immediately..."
"True, but it can happen...look at D and J? You could meet him this afternoon, and it could be the start of something amazing...or just a bit of fun for a while, or absolutely nothing..."
"Scared." She says. "Nervous, feel sick."
"I know...but don't be scared of something that could be great. It doesn't matter if it doesn't work, it matters if it does...this could be your last first date. I will be left here with the cats and the IKEA storage facilities while you get taken off into the sunset..."
She looks even more scared...

However Pootle, you are warm, spontaneous, huggable, loveable, funny, intelligent and more than slightly quirky...just be you....and everything else will fall into place.

Good luck xxx

No comments: