Total Pageviews

Friday 17 May 2013

Sleeping on the edge...


Last night I slept in the middle of the bed for the first time.

It was a conscious decision. I haven't yet moved on to doing it without thinking, however I think this is a very clear step of me taking control of my life.

It felt a little odd, I have to confess...all this space either side of me, however I discovered that there is no dip in the middle of the bed, that you can do star shapes with ease and if you get too hot there is space the other side to cool down with.

What else can I tell you about my new experience? Ah....the different views of the room. Always worthwhile getting a different perspective on how the room looks...it certainly looks bigger from the middle of the bed, however I can also see where I need to repaint which won't do at all.

I suppose all new experiences are bound to have a negative side to them as well. Isn't that what makes  us decide whether or not the positives out weigh the negatives?

Hmmm...I am not sure if I like being in the middle of the bed as there is a part of me that makes me feel that it is an even lonelier experience, so sleeping on the edge makes me feel less alone.

Like everyone, I quite like cuddling up to someone and on this occasion for once I am not talking about hobbits, although their cuddles have to be about the best thing on tap that I have. No, I am actually talking about the warmth of someone else...someone who you can share the bed with, roll in it with, stay in the middle with...jump up and down with...or share breakfast with...

...so until I find that... I shall continue to sleep on the edge, where I fit just perfectly...for now. 

No comments: