Total Pageviews

Monday 13 May 2013

No numpties please...

Life, it turns out, can be a pathway of missed opportunities...

Don't they say, expect the unexpected?

I have finally closed my Internet dating profile and we have now introduced Pootle to the world once again. I have to confess there is a part of me that is sad, but only purely for the entertainment value that is in them.

As I attempt for the third time to fix Pootle's laptop she plays with her new profile and messages on my iPad...
"Ooh, I have a message...from Fat Boy!" She says in a less than excited tone.
"Is he really called Fat Boy? Hardly going to pull the girls with that is he?"
"No, I called him that...look..." And she shows me fat boy's profile.
"Oh...I see where you are coming from."
"Why do I get the guys who can't speak English, are fugly or look like Shrek?" She asks in a pained tone.
"We all get them...you just have to filter them out. I always get the old guys." I tell her dismissively. "The eighty five year olds with no teeth..."
She looks at me seriously, "that's cos you is old."

Ah, boosting my self esteem once again...to be fair I did once tell her that she looked like one of those doll trolls, so I deserve what I get really.

I show her my profile before we action the delete button..."see?" I reassure, "I get the same. You just have to remember that it is like sifting through sand, you may just a find a golden grain...or at least one who can spell would be a start!"

So here we are again, deleting the ones who can only say Hi...rushing past the photos of blokes in mirrored reflections, who have no information on their profile...and those who don't know the difference between their/there or your and you're....no numpties for Pootle if you please.

We have set her a little challenge...thirty dates before her next birthday. Which thankfully is in December, anything earlier would be a tall order the way she is deleting them from her message bank.

Nevertheless, she is at least looking and is attempting the chat...trying this relationship malarkey back on again...which is an improvement.

So in the words of Thunderbirds....Pootle is go!

No comments: