Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 May 2013

Tattoos and bikes don't mix...

Ok, so the lesson learned today children...don't go out on a motorbike just after you have had a tattoo....

I am pretty sure that the majority of you out there wouldn't be quite so foolish as me, but hey, a lesson learned and shared is a kind thing to do.

So, as you reading this you will know that I have ticked another thing off my list for the year. My tattoo has been completed this morning.  I am now adorned, marked, branded for life with my hobbits initials...alas, I didn't have enough room (or the pain threshold) for Spderman, Batman and Superman...so I went for the first letter of their real names...L, A and M.

I have had this strategically placed on my left hip/stomach...not because I feel I have an attractive tummy in any way, but after discussion with my hobbits we decided it was the best place to have it as this was where they once were...in mummy's tummy. Cool, huh?

Ok...so for those who say it doesn't hurt...let me beat you with the latest tattoo magazine now...it was bloody agony!!!!! The lady who did it did tell me just as the needle was nearing my stomach that the skin there is very thin, so was going to hurt more....no shit Sherlock!

It felt like a tiny scalpel cutting across my skin...and I had a real problem with my breathing capabilities and just tried to think of sunny flowery things, while my father looked on in interest. Thank you for coming dad...I appreciated the support.

Half an hour later and shaking like a leaf I left the shop with a bag of chocolate for shock....any excuse for a kitkat eh?

I then, foolishly went out on a motorbike...now whilst I genuinely enjoyed being out on the bike with my dad today, who pottered behind me very nicely making sure I was supersafe, I have to say I did feel quite wobbly still...so no, tattoos and bikes don't mix...don't say I didn't warn ya!!!

But it is done...just a tractor and a little bit of off-roading and we are done...well, until the next list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once you have one...you will have another, and another, oh and another!

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

No ruddy fear of that...no way am I ever doing that again!!!!