Total Pageviews

Friday 7 June 2013

#Awkward...

Well, just in case there is anyone I haven't seen or spoken to today we are down to seven sleeps...things are getting really exciting now...

I feel the need to make lots of lists now. Even more than there were before. I have now broken them down to urgent, non urgent, and given myself a list for each of the following six days so that I know exactly what I am doing in the coming week...

There is still Spider-Man's birthday to organise and I am then driving the hobbits to Norwich on Wednesday for them to go and have their own little holiday with the gorgeous Lady London, aka Auntie J.

I have yet to get dollars, hair cut, waxing, pack, keys cut and more...so this evening I set myself my list writing task...I would colour code it too if I had enough colouring pens, but hobbits keep leaving the lids off them.

I thought this was a job that required some concentration so earlier this evening I packed hobbits off upstairs to watch a film of their choosing in my bed. They do have a little portable in their bedroom, but alas something has broken on it and it won't do as it is told, so it made sense to let them relax and fall asleep to The Princess and the Frog in my bed.

All was going marvellously to plan, until one little hobbit (who shall remain nameless) came down with something in his hand...
"Mummy...what is this?" He asks quietly standing next to me while I fervently check my list against which day it is relevant to.
"What?" I ask without even looking up...I am in a list frenzy.
"This. I found it under your pillow?"

Now you know those cold sweat moments? Those that you realise something has happened that you really didn't want to happen? Like sending the wrong text to someone, or updating your status on Facebook with something private when you meant it as a private message?

Yeah those cold sweat moments.  Yeah, well when I clocked what he was holding in his hand I had one of those.

"Oh...erm...I use it to shave my legs." I tell him, quickly removing said article from his grasp and throwing it behind the microwave.

Thankfully he accepts this and leaves, and I thank god that he didn't turn it on. Amendment to list...remove all toys from bed before allowing hobbits access to all areas.

Hash tag awkward...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!