Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 June 2013

NYPD...


Waking up in New York City, on your birthday, just has to be one of the most amazing things ever.

Well, I suppose unless you actually live in New York then waking up on your birthday here is probably no different to any other day...

But for me...it is the bomb...

After spending the evening last night with my bestie Pootle, eating a steak that was the size of my arm at a real American diner, chatting to street vendors and having a cuddle with the Naked Cowboy in Times Square I have woken up this morning with a room covered in balloons and glitter.

During the night, Pootle has effectively pimped our hotel room and there is shiny little Happy Birthday's etc all over the place...my first thought was Oh wow, no one has ever done that for me, however my second thought was, 'Oh My God, housekeeping are gonna love us!!'

Nevertheless more importantly, we are absolutely loving it here.
We love Americans and New Yorkers. They are for the majority, friendly and warm, up for a giggle, they are helpful and we just love the whole experience. I actually feel quite at home here, as though it is everything that I expected it to be. I love the smell, the streets, the size of the buildings and the whole ambiance...I could live here easily...and I can see the Hobbits loving it too.

Therefore when I am a famous writer, I will have an apartment here for holidays...just because I can you know.

So...today I am 41. Not much to write home about there really, however we are off to 5th Avenue to do some shopping, and then we are off to Broadway to check out the new Spider man show. I am sure for some watching a man leaping around the stage for and hour or so in Spandex would be their idea of hell, however for Pootle and I we are imagining an afternoon of childish titillation...

Then this evening we are hoping to have cocktails in a bar with a roof top terrace that shows amazing views of the Empire State Building...We discovered this yesterday when we were accosted by a Scottish street vendor who recommended it to us as a place he takes ladies to when he is trying to get them to have sex with him. We weren't so much taken with him, but more his ideas... so we stole the directions and left him standing.

What I can tell you...is that we are digging the NYPD. Pootle and I have found that when we are in the need for asking directions, that only the NYPD will do...with their polite, 'yes Ma'am, can I help you?' with the Manhattan drawl and their very hot uniform they are indeed, answering our calls for help.

So without much ado...I welcome you to the new blog, I hope the following year is a little less rocky, but just as much fun...especially if we find some of those NYPD type people today....

No comments: