Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Strawberry Milkshake...

My hobbits are settled...

They are safely ensconced with Lady London and her parents, where they are, I suspect being spoilt rotten and being run rings round...

She has already text me to say they have been exposed to the wondrous beauty that is a Play Station 3...and had a run round on the new scooter...that is Lady London, not the hobbits...

Therefore, I am now hobbit free...it felt quite odd driving home without them singing soulfully to me in the car, however I was greeted warmly by Pootle, L and J...and a very nice chicken curry.

We did have a small dilemma regarding our holiday plans...which could have been almost disastrous.

Checking the website for our hotel, we were informed that the restaurant, the bar and room service would all be closed until the 18th June... So essentially, only our room wasn't being refurbished.

Pootle was on it like a woman on a mission. After initially speaking to them on the telephone, she then went into the Travel Agents and told them in no uncertain terms that this was, quite simply, not good enough.

They listened. We have now been upgraded to a new hotel, which has all of the above and much more...a gym no less, with free fruit...(just in case we run out of dollars.)

So I can still order my strawberry milkshake at midnight from Room Service...just like I planned...we are down to two sleeps, so after waiting 27 years to fulfil a dream...it is now with reach...

No comments: