Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 June 2013

The city that never sleeps...

Ok now packing for hobbits is not, I can assure you, an enviable task...but I am almost finished.

The clothes didn't take long at all, it is all the other paraphernalia that goes with a trip away for three little boys; nintendo's, chargers, scooters, colouring books...and the most important thing of all, Lego.

They can't go away without taking a large quantity of Lego to play with, construct, demolish etc etc.

Poor Lady London doesn't know what is going to hit her when we arrive tomorrow.

The hobbits are very excited about going to stay with their godmother. They love her to bits, and thankfully the feeling is mutual from her point of view too. They are going to have a great time with her and I have absolutely no worries about being away from them.

In fact, when I suggested about calling them from New York they were quite dismissive and suggested that they would be absolutely fine Mummy, and there was really no need. I am not sure if I should be hurt that they are unlikely to miss me, or more proud of the fact that they are independent enough now to cope without me for a few days...hopefully the latter.

I have a long drive tomorrow and back again...and once I arrive back, that is when the excitement will really kick in. It will be just about me and Pootle, packing, preparing and partying...

Three more sleeps...until we arrive in the city that never does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you arrive back....yes party time with vodka! Let New York begin..... xxx

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

Now I know which anon that is...I will see you tomorrow night lovely friend xxx