Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Responding to the masses...


Last night I received a text...
'Where is the blog? Are you dead?'

Ok, so it wasn't quite that direct, however this evening J looked after the hobbits for me when I went to meet a client, and when I return she says much the same thing - even though clearly, I am not dead.

"Why aren't you blogging? I am not happy. People are not happy." She says through slurping a very large mug of coffee.
"People aren't happy?" I look at her, "I hardly feel that the depression of the general population is my fault because I haven't blogged for a few days."
She looks at me with raised eyebrows, as if to say, actually it is.
"People aren't happy." She repeats with more force.
"I think that is more likely to be David Cameron's fault than mine, but however enlighten me?"
"Well, I have checked every day since the last one, and nothing. I am disappointed what is going on?"

I explain to her, as I explained to my friend last night, I never had any intention of writing a daily blog with the new one...it was an 'as and when I feel like it' kinda blog.

J flares her nostrils at me, as only she can, "Well, quite frankly it isn't good enough."
"Oh ok." I say meekly. One is always a little unsure how to respond to hearing that you have failed the masses.

You see the thing is, I am writing now. *Celebratory dancing around the dining room table*; and I am really enjoying it. I have my draft, I have my first line of the 'novel' (of which I have been waiting for three weeks for) and I am off...

Last night I wrote 2,000 words and was in my flow when I suddenly realised that a) I hadn't eaten and b) it was midnight. Does that make me a real writer? Perhaps as I progress I shall slowly wither away to nothing, a mass of unkempt hair, old coffee cups and half a dried up sandwich lying on a plate?

Consequently blogging and concentrating on another type of writing hasn't mixed. I have needed two types of imagination in order to write the 'novel'.

However...the people are not happy according to J. I think it is more likely to be a select few, but thanks guys as always for being so positive about what I write. I am a little unsure why you are so positive and generous with your feedback, but according to J it is because it is a good read...nothing to do with being nosey then?

So - there you go - tonight's blog. A bunch of words that probably give you an insight to my incapabilities of time management more than anything...but allegedly the people have asked for something and that is pretty much all I have this evening...

Unless you want the conversation about flat tummy's, liposuction and tummy tucks...but hey, some of you may have already eaten this evening and I really wouldn't want you to have a disturbed night...

Nevertheless that reminds me...I still haven't - now where did I leave that sandwich?

No comments: